Welcome to my weight loss journey! I decided to lose 100 pounds in 2015. I have started several diets, but this time I want to journal my way to success! You can also watch videos of my journey on Facebook. I hope that you will take part in creating a healthier lifestyle too!

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Jan. 7 - Starting the Food Journal


Coach Brittani D. Williams had me to start a food journal, so that I can keep up with the meals I eat and how often. So, I went out and got the journal to write about my strengths and weakness, but I will also use it to plan out my weekly menu.  I'm still using MyFitnessPal too.



I'm also reading the book THINspired to give me some inspiration from a woman that lost 90 pounds, while gaining a real understanding of her over eating. The book has some really good recipes that busy career women can use.  

I found this great video to workout to each morning until I can walk 3 miles. This video is a great fit for those days I don't want to go outside.  It's a little hard to go 1 mile right now, but my goal is to make it all the way to 3 miles within 2 months!  Let's go!





HERE IS MY FOOD TRACKING FOR TODAY:

WATER:  I'm drinking more and more water each day.  My goal is to build up to a gallon per day. Right now I'm only able to drink about 4-5 bottles per day.


BREAKFAST
8:40 -  1 cup peach Greek yogurt and 1 tangerine.  16 oz green smoothie drink.
Because of the snow, I threw on my gear, turned up the iPod and exercised to this video: http://youtu.be/wuDp6v_oL34.  It helps you to walk a mile in the house!!  Love it!



SNACK 1
11: 20 -
1 cup of homemade salsa and tortilla chips. I had the rest of my green smoothie drink.



LUNCH
1:34 - 1 cup of chicken salad, frozen grapes, 3 gherkin pickles, sliced tomato and green tea. I also used this time off for a 15 minute guided meditation session.


SNACK 2
3:10 - 1 small yellow apple and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter;  green tea



DINNER
6: 40 - Steamed purple cabbage with jalapeno peppers and onions;  baked swai fish topped with salsa; small baked potato and a huge glass of water.



SNACK 3
9:00 -  1 small sliced kiwi;  some vitamins and water.  I watched the EMPIRE TV show on ABC, so I wasn't really thinking about food...LOL.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Leslie has some great walking videos. Good luck on your journey.

Post a Comment

Follow My Journey