Welcome to my weight loss journey! I decided to lose 100 pounds in 2015. I have started several diets, but this time I want to journal my way to success! You can also watch videos of my journey on Facebook. I hope that you will take part in creating a healthier lifestyle too!

Monday, January 5, 2015

Jan. 5 - The Journey Begins with Coach Brittani D. Williams

I started day one of my transformation off with guided meditation, a walk around my neighborhood and a very simple breakfast.  Lunch was salsa and a few gluten free tortilla chips. Dinner included backed salmon, green beans and rice. I'm looking forward to this journey and all that it brings good or bad. 

Here is a link to the recipe I used to cook the salmon: http://www.oprah.com/food/Seared-Salmon-with-Green-Bean-Salad-and-Balsamic-Vinaigrette-Recipe


Coach Brittani D. Williams wants me to answer these questions to get the program started.  I'm going to answer them all now, because my work schedule this week is unbelievable. 


01/05: What is your why? 

I have extremely high blood pressure, so I must lose some of this weight. My family is filled with horror stories of the results of high BP. I turn 50 in August and I want to be a healthy, fit 50 and not sick.  I have ONE child, she is 19 and I want to be there for her as she starts her journey to adulthood.




01/06: Why is this time different? Are you really making a LIFESTYLE CHANGE? The purpose of my company is to assist in healthier lifestyles not temporary diets.

Yes, this is a lifestyle change for me!  I have already given up adding salt to my food and I'm trying to go totally gluten free.  I have Crohn's Disease, which led to me having 4 major surgeries on my intestines. I can go through the hardship of this debilitating disease by not eating well.  I want to go back to a healthier life, the life I had 6 years ago.  I realize that I must get out more;  exercise more and work behind this computer less!



01/07: How do you plan to stay on track?
I created this blog so that I can keep track of my journey with notes, photos, inspiration and  video.  I have a daily journal that I will write down the times and amounts of things I eat.  I also downloaded MyFitnessPal to my new phone to look up calorie content and the amounts of sodium in foods.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow My Journey